Sunday, January 3, 2010

Being Used by God

It's amazing what happens when you are open to being used by God.

A few weeks back I had some food that I bought but didn't eat all of it because I didn't like the flavoring. So I put it in the refrigerator the night I purchased it. The next day I saw it and was torn because I knew I wouldn't eat it but didn't want to throw it away. So I thought (the suggestion of the holy spirit) to pack the food up with a plastic fork and keep it in my bag, and when I saw a homeless person I would give it to him or her.

A friend and I decided to catch the train to head to our destination. When we entered the train there was a really bag odor and I looked to my left to see a man stretched out on the train seat with his shoes off. For a quick second I thought to place the food near him but didn't. Minutes later, the man gets up and walks straight to me and asks me if I have any food to eat? I reach in my bag and hand him the food with a "God bless you." He thanks me and walks back to his seat and starts to open the bag to eat. I exit the train.

He didn't ask anyone else on that train for food. He came straight to me. I had the food and he had the need. Who else but God was at work here? God is simply amazing.

No comments: